Monday, October 4, 2010

Socially Awkward

I like surfing the net. Looking for the most interesting stuff that interests me of course. And I can't help but share what I just saw to the closest person (usually to my girlfriend whom I talk to each and every time I can, my sister who continuously studies in our room and my officemate beside me) or to everyone else by posting and sharing what amazes me on either or all of the sites I keep. This blog is relatively new by the way.

Back to the original post, I saw this Tumblr post by Rose Anne Nguyen and the moment I saw it, I knew I had to post it. So, here it goes.

SOCIALLY AWKWARD.
  • you check your phone, because you have nothing to contribute to the conversation.
  • wait for the right time to say something, you get interrupted. twice
  • someone you vaguely know is walking in front of you. you maintain distance.
  • hold the door for some. they’re slightly too far away.
  • someone comes online, you say “hey”, they go offline.
  • you go in for the high-five. other person isn’t looking.
  • accidentally look someone in the eye. pretend to look past them.
  • you say something stupid. you play it down, but everyone sees your face going red.
  • you say “hi” to someone. it comes out as a whisper.
  • your friends formed a circle while you were gone. you can’t fit and end up standing slightly askew.
  • waiting by yourself for friends. pretend you’re texting.
  • you tell a hilarious joke. nobody laughs.
  • you’re in class and you want to cough. some other person just coughed, now you have to wait.
  • walk into the restrooms and the stalls are full; pretend you only came here to wash your hands then leave.
  • the person in front is walking slightly slower than you are. you walk at an uncomfortable speed to get past them.
  • awkward silence.
/insert awkward turtle gif.

Other Stuff:
  • Here's the other things I do whenever I see something cool off the net:
  • Say things like "I would never thought of that in a my whole lifetime!".
  • Curse at how effhing coool it is!
  • Spend at least 15mins. more surfing for things related to the something cool.
  • I know I have this amazed face where genuine amazement can be seen in my eyes.
  • My brain works instantly how I would be able to share it to others.
  • I say cool one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment